Are you feeling joy right now but afraid to admit it with so many challenges facing the world? If so, you aren’t alone! In this week’s episode, Karen & Katie make a case for the importance of embracing joy (even in the face of suffering), the connections between optimism and gratitude, the ways in which gratitude changes our brains (WHOA), and are visited by future President Kamala Harris. Whoop! Whoop!
Enjoy Friends, and thanks for listening! We will be back Dec. 7, 2020 with a new episode.
Resources for today’s episode:
– Call Your Girlfriend: https://www.callyourgirlfriend.com/
– Shine Theory: https://www.shinetheory.com/
– How Gratitude Changes You and Your Brain: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/how_gratitude_changes_you_and_your_brain
– WTF with Marc Maron (interviewing Michael J. Fox) – http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-1176-michael-j-fox
– The Optimist’s Manifesto: https://davine.com/the-optimists-manifesto/
– Shawn Achor’s Masterclass on Calm “Discovering Happiness” – https://blog.calm.com/blog/5-happiness-hacks-from-shawn-achor-in-our-latest-calm-masterclass