Anyone else struggling with tense political conversations?! Worried that those conversations may cause the end to some of cherished relationships? If so, you are not alone. In this week’s episode, Karen & Katie welcome Dr. Tania Israel, psychology professor at the University of California Santa Barbara and author of the new book Beyond Your Bubble: How to Connect Across the Political Divide, Skills and Strategies for Conversations That Work. The trio have a lively discussion on strategies to employ when talking across political lines, best practices for allyship and how social media plays a part in today’s divisive political climate.
Get ready to take notes – Dr. Israel is a ROCK STAR and shares loads of fabulous takeaways!
Resources from today’s episode:
– Dr. Israel’s book: Beyond Your Bubble: How to Connect Across the Political Divide, Skills and Strategies for Conversations That Work – https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Your-Bubble-Strategies-Conversations/dp/1433833557
– Dr. Israel’s Twitter: @Tania_Israel
– Dr. Israel’s website: http://taniaisrael.com/
– Calm app: https://www.calm.com/
– Follow us on Twitter & Instagram @not_ok_pod, and email us with questions/comments/suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app